If you are experiencing severe symptoms such as extreme shortness of breath, contact your physician. If it is an emergency, dial 911.
How It Works
- All tests are by appointment only.
- Once you have selected an appointment time you will need to sign up for Intend with your name, email address, and mobile phone number. Intend is a HIPAA-compliant platform that is used to deliver your test results securely and privately.
- Next, you must complete a profile document. Your profile includes your age, sex, the name and number of your primary care physician, your insurance information, a credit card for payment, and a few questions about the reason for your test.
Note: you will collect your own sample for testing. A technician will provide you with a nasal swab and supervise your sample collection.
- Tilt your head back 70 degrees.
- Gently insert the sterile swab into the nostril. Using gentle rotation, push the swab until resistance is met at the level of the turbinates, less than one (1) inch (about 2 cm) into the nostril.
- Rotate the swab a few times against the nasal wall and then remove the swab from the nostril.